Thursday, March 02, 2006

PyCon2006


No, Guido doesn't know I have this... I snagged it from the badge reuse box. You keep your smelly old rock star T-shirts, I'm keeping this.

So... PyCon. Wow. It was wonderful, of course. What else could it be? Put 400 people with that much intelligence, creativity, and energy in one place, and it can hardly help but be wonderful.

What surprised me is that I found so many good ideas no matter what I was doing at PyCon. Whether I was in a talk that I expected to benefit hugely from, or a "Probably useless but I guess I'll go anyway" talk, or just chatting between or after sessions, I seemed to learn good stuff constantly just the same. The serendipity was worth more than the "planned" learning, and maybe that's what makes conventions so much more useful than formal books and classes and so forth.

No comments: